The French use many idioms to talk about a variety of topics. Of course, there are also a good number of expressions about our pets. Here is a selection of idioms which prove that we are really country people at heart!
The European Championships will start on 10 June. If, like us, you cannot get to France to watch a game in the stadium and support “Les Bleus”, you should try an evening in a pub! All French football lovers will gather to watch Didier Deschamps’s players in action, urging them on to win the trophy again. Between beers, food and big screens, here are 6 great places to go for a perfect sports night!
The 12th edition of London's Favourite French Film Gala Award Night, will be held on 22 September 2016, at Picturehouse Central! We are working very hard with Picturehouse to make this event more prestigious than ever, and we can already tell you that there will be a great film premiere, delicious food, champagne and wines, and many surprises in store as well as tons of prizes to be won... We will keep you informed as soon as the online vote opens and ticket sales start, so keep an eye on our website!
Vincent Lindon, 56, was named Best Actor both in Cannes and at the César in 2015 for his role in The Measure of a Man (La Loi du Marché), by Stéphane Brizet. The film will finally be released in the UK on 3rd June. I met Vincent Lindon, who explained how it felt for him to have received an award from two of the most prestigious juries in the world of cinema.
Benjamin Rancoule is a name you will be hearing a lot more of in the not-too-distant future. Not well-known yet, this young talented director has great potential. Only a few weeks ago, he won a short film award in Monaco for Victoire, a film full of hope about a fight against cancer dedicated to his grandmother.
- Louvre museum shut to save masterpieces from flooding
- Referendum polling cards sent to EU citizens living in the UK by mistake
- Wine specialists claim 2015 is "an exceptional year" for Bordeaux wines
- French air strike suspended for the weekend
- French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron investigated by the tax office
- US warns citizens of terror attack risks in Europe
- French vineyards ravaged by hailstones
- Open-ended strike in French transport
- Roman Polanski threatened again with extradition
- Wine city opening in Bordeaux
- Old bangers banned from Paris roads to reduce pollution